Pinterest Challenge: Meatless Monday Dinner

I love Pinterest. If you don't know what that is you're a lucky bastard that escaped one of the most addicting websites.

There are recipes, DYI projects for anything & everything (art, sewing, flooring jewelry, painting, quilting-seriously everything) exercises,  household cleaning tips, recipes and so much more. You can get sucked in for hours looking for tips and ideas.

The way it works you create a "board" for whatever you're interested in-say recipes. Then you can look up recipes and "pin" them to your board so you have them for future reference.

The problem for me, and probably other people, is that I pin and then forget it.

I like it, pin it but never do it. And that is so dumb. It is such a great resource for ideas I feel it is a shame to just ignore the potential.

I always complain that we have the same things for dinner. When I looked at my recipe board on Pinterest (check out my board HERE)  though I noticed I have ober 700 pins.

700.

Not to mention I have a ton of cookbooks.

And I complain about the same menu.

Clearly it's my own fault. I can't say that I don't have time when I can make time to volunteer, write and play on the internet for at least an hour a day.

#nomoreprocrastination

So I'm issuing a challenge to myself. I am going to make at least one recipe a week and share it in my blog.
It helps keeps me accountable.


#challengeaccepted

This week I chose to do Mushroom Rollups. We've been trying to keep pace with meatless Mondays and it usually ends up being a salad and soup dinner.

#whycantistophashtagging

The recipe is technically for Spinach and Mushroom roll ups and I was going to put it off until tomorrow as I forgot the spinach. l was really debating putting it off as l wasn't in the cooking mood as my body was screaming it hated me with cramps and an awesome headache. But l figured if l could do it today l could work it in anyday.

#noexcuses

For you anti-mushroom people you can just substitute whatever you want-spinach, crab, or just leave it cheesy goodness.

Ingredients I used:

-1 egg
-Lasagna Noodles
-2 quarts of mushrooms
-2 tablespoons of butter (I ran out of cooking spray)
-1 small  onion (diced)
-1 cup of cottage cheese (yeah I forgot the ricotta too)
-1 cup of shredded cheese (I used mozzarella you use whatever you want)
-Marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce
-salt and pepper (to taste)

I sauteed the mushrooms and onions together and put them to the side until I needed them. I boiled the lasagna noodles and set them to the side to cool off.

I mixed the cottage cheese, salt and pepper, shredded cheese and the egg together.

I laid out the noodles flat and spooned the cheesy mixture on it. Then I put a layer of mushrooms on the cheese.

You do not need to heap the cheese or mushrooms on the noodles. If you do, it's going to cause problems when you roll it up.

#messy

When you roll it up and place it in your baking dish make sure its seam side down. I covered them in marinara and put them in the oven @ 400 degrees for half an hour.

In the last five minutes I threw in some garlic toast we've had in the freezer.

It was a quick prep and easy to do. And way more satisfying than soup and salad again.

So that was my first Pinterest Challenge and I daresay it was a success by the way my hubby and mom asked for seconds.

#yum

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unequivocally Sucky. But? Still Going.

It Was Me

Thank You For Being Here