Spring Is Coming

As of eight days ago it has officially become spring.

I'm not sure how it is anywhere else, but I can tell you in Michigan it does not look much different from winter.

And people are losing their minds.

They want to kick old man winter to the curb. And fast.

They want to forget he ever existed this year.

They want the processes of nature to bend to their whims and desires and instantly change seasons overnight.

They want to see flowers blooming, bunnies hopping, green grass everywhere and pastel everything. They want to taste the fresh air and promise of warmer days and longer nights. They want shake the cold from their bones and reawaken their passion to play outside.

They want it, but they are not going to get it right away.

I'm okay with it.

I wish I could say I was horrified and upset about it like everyone else seems to be but I'm just not.

Not quite sure if I am just too accustomed to the Michigan winters, or too fond of fuzzy socks.

Maybe I am just smitten by lying in bed on a cold morning wrapped in warm blankets?

Maybe I'm just in agreement to anything that will delay the pain I feel with my spring time allergies?

I'm not sure really, but I do know I trust in nature to do its job.

I know in time our mountains of snow will melt away.

The dreary cold days will dissipate and rays of sunshine will smile on our faces.

Spring is the season of new beginnings. It is the universal promise of rebirth and renewal.

New beginnings are always most beautiful after the most harshest of catalysts.

Changes are not easy. They do not come on demand. We know this from personal experience alone.

But Mother Nature drives the point home.

She will usher in the rains to wash away the snow soon enough. She will hug the earth with her warmness and encourage the flowers to begin their journey to burst forth from their seeds. She will be the first to lead the birds in their triumphant and glorious morning songs.

But only when she is ready.

We as humans tend not to be ready for any of our seasons. The minute we get a whiff of the winds of change we demand it show itself.

When spring is in full bloom we wish for the hot days of summer. When summer makes its sizzling debut we wish for cooler days. When autumn strolls in we rarely rejoice in the death, hibernation and preparation around us.  And winter is wished away after the glistening of the first snow loses its luster.

We cannot rush it or force it so we may as well relax and enjoy the days as we are given them.

Yes, even with the snow and wintry winds, we will enjoy our spring as we have no other choice.

So relax and take a lesson from nature. Let things unfold as they will.

Remember, we have yet to see a winter not followed by a springtime.

Happy Friday all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unequivocally Sucky. But? Still Going.

Thank You For Being Here

Not Where I Want To Be.