Sunday Confessions: Let

Let there be peace on earth.

Those words come from a hymnal sung at mass. I always loved that song and still do even though it is rare you'll see me in a church nowadays.

I found it to be a comforting song, a happy song, so today I'm going to sing it....err write about it rather because I've used up all my allotted singing time this morning.

Let this be the moment now. With every step I take.

No more hesitation. No more excuses. Now is the time we pick joy for ourselves. We pick happiness and leave tribulations and transgressions in our past.

Let this be my solemn vow.

Make this promise to yourself.

I used to take it that my actions were to be peaceful, tranquil, calm and collected. Refusing and rejecting any kind of conflict and drenched in pacifism.

I still believe, and always will in pacifism. I find the thought of harming or bringing someone harm sickening.

But over the years my view on that song changed.

Sometimes it's about choosing joy and happiness for ourselves and that means standing up for ourselves.

Causing a ruckus, causing a scene.

Putting our foot down and saying, "I refuse to be treated like crap. I refuse to treat myself badly. I refuse to live in a harmful environment".

To invest in ourselves and be accountable for our actions. Choose to accept love and reject hate.

To take each moment
And live each moment
With peace eternally.

No matter the moment, no matter where we are in life we can choose to deal with it one of two ways.

We can choose to add confusion and chaos to any situation.

Or we can bring peace, calmness and patience with us. I'm not saying it is easy, or even feasible for every problem we encounter in life, but if we can at least try, I'm sure it will make our lives easier.




There is a lot in this world that is the opposite of peace. There is war, famine, hate, anger, despair, personal demons, and those with ugly unloved souls in this world who strive to make others suffer.

We cannot control what comes our way. That is the way life goes.

But we can always control how we react.

How we react to trying situations, to bad days, to mean family members, to the chorus in our heads that tell us we are not good enough.

There will always be good in this world, although at times it may be hard to find, l promise it is there.

And when we cannot find it, then we need to be it. We need to be there for someone going through a rough time. 
We need to react with patience and understanding. We have to cut ourselves some slack and realize we are only human.

We should want to live with peace in our hearts so we can take it wherever we go and give it to people who need it.

There are so many that need it.

Let love be our default setting.

Let bygones be bygones.

Let peace begin with me, with you, and all of our friends.

l really do not care who it begins with as long as we choose to let it in and embrace it.

But mostly, let us pray, wish, or hope that peace is contagious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unequivocally Sucky. But? Still Going.

Thank You For Being Here

Not Where I Want To Be.