Friday Feats and Fails: August 22, 2014

Today is Friday, glorious, wonderful, splendid Friday.

That means the one and only Hot Ash from More Than Cheese And Beer is hosting Friday Feats and Fails.

It is always a good idea to reflect on how you can improve from the mistakes or failures you made and rejoice in the feats and successes of the week so I am joining in.

So let's start with the Fails of the week:

-Completely skipped Open Mic night. It has been a while since I have performed my spoken word poetry and I let the beast that is known as insecurity riddle me with fear.

I should have gone.

The gallery moved to a new location downtown and it was the first night of Open Mic in a few months. I feel horrible about not going and supporting a business that brings art (in all of its forms) into our community, but I could not shake the funk I was in and did not go. I will work up my courage and go next time.

-I lost my vitamin D pills. They are prescribed and kinda pricey. They cost approximately 35 dollars for 12 pills. I know I could probably just go to the pharmacist and explain I lost them but I do not want to pay that money again and I am wishing they would just turn up. So one of my weekend chores is tearing up all the nooks and crannies to find these babies. Unless one of you guys know where they are or playing a wicked hide and seek game with them...if so end that game quickly and just tell me where they are. I would appreciate it immensely.

-I am not going to make my weight goal by September 2nd. I am suppossed to get down to 370 by September 2nd my next follow up with my doctor and I am currently sitting at 391. I have slipped this month. I have ate bad. Not exercised as much. I have not gained weight, but I also have not lost any. I was doing really good, losing a pound or two a week since the beginning of the year giving me the grand total of 36 pounds gone but I know giving myself 11 days to drop 21 pounds is ridiculous.

Maybe it was a far stretch in the first place to make that kind of goal to lose that much weight, so I am readjusting, recalculating, and most importantly moving forward.

This means I have to hustle. I have to get serious. I have to move it. And this means more sweat. More glorious boob sweat.

And now onto the Feats:

*My husband and I celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary and 13 years together. I wrote a little about my thoughts on what LOVE means to me. This may sound silly, but I never thought I was wife material, I never thought I was worthy to be called someone's wife or fiance, honestly what it was I never thought I was worthy to be loved.

I am so glad I am beyond that sad realm of thinking and that I am loved and love someone who I feel comfortable to be myself with, but more importantly that I realize my worth and that I love myself.

*I found out that a book that one of my poems is in is close to its publishing date! This will be the first piece of writing of mine that will be published-in an actual book so I am a little excited.

*Short work week! I have worked at my job for full time for 4 years but was only hired in as an 8 hour position. I really enjoy my job and helping patients. I did not want to bid in another area of the hospital because I like what I do.

I stuck around, without the insurance or benefits because I truly love my job and my co-workers. I thought my hubby and I could make it work without vacation time, PTO, or insurance-and we did.

Recently I was made full time. Which means, I can use the PTO that I have been banking! Before at only an 8 hour position, I could keep banking but not touch it. I could only cash it out once a year and only 40 hours at that. My bank was in the 160 hour area. So this week, I was able to use some of my PTO to take a day off (our anniversary) and enjoy and not worry about losing out on money.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out the ins, outs, ups and downs of my week. I do hope your week has had more feats than fails, and if there were some fails that they are behind you and a stepping stone to better things.

If you have not already, please stop by More Than Cheese And Beer to check out her Friday Feats and Fails and her special guest blogger of the week and everyone else that linked up!

Happy Friday!

Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary!! Also... congrats on the book.

    My offer to try MFP together still stands if ever you want to try it. And I hope you find your vitamin D... that one is super important.

    Thanks for being here again!! Hope to see you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I will take you up on that offer! More motivation and support is always welcome. And I really need to get my butt in gear!

      Delete
  2. Happy anniversary & congrats on the publishing. Stick with it on the weigh loss - sometimes we have sucky weeks. Be kind to YOU!
    Jill (Ripped Jeans & Bifocals)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unequivocally Sucky. But? Still Going.

Thank You For Being Here

It Was Me