Secret Subject Swap January 9th, 2015

Hello and happy fabulous Friday! Welcome to the first Secret Subject Swap of 2015.

This week, 14 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts. 

Below you will find links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts. So please, sit back, relax, grab your cup-fill it with whatever you want this is a judgement free zone, and check them all out.

See you there:

Baking In A Tornado

Spatulas On Parade

Stacy Sews And Schools

The Bergham’s Life Chronicles

Dinosaur Superhero Mommy

Confessions of a Part-time Working Mom

Juicebox Confession

The Momisodes

Someone Else’s Genius

Climaxed

Sparkly Poetic Weirdo

Cluttered Genius

Southern Belle Charm

Evil Joy Speaks

My fitting secret subject for the beginning of 2015 is:

New Years comes with a chance to start fresh. What will be different?

It was submitted by:  The Momisodes -Thanks Sarah!
 
The New Year rolled in quietly like it always does. It snuck in the front door masked by the celebratory fireworks, greeted no one, was ignored by the kisses and champagne at midnight and then with its quiet power dominated the new day then walked boldly out the back door without as much as grabbing a cheeto.

That cool and aloof guy has the amazing ability to saturate many people with regret and worries of what they have done with their lives and wondering where they will wander to in the end. But that is not his intent.

We foolishly think the New Year comes in with a bang, loudly, clanging and bringing us into this new year and opportunity. We forget we are the ones that cause the scene, make the big deal, bring all the noise to distract ourselves from all that happened or did not happen last year and the years before.

But.

He comes softly and quietly every year with no big ta-da. We have 365 days to prepare for his arrival every time but only get excited towards the end of the year making resolutions of change for the next year. Vowing only towards the end to live braver, happier, deeper.

Luckily, he is here to give us another year to get things right. Another chance. An opportunity to be who we want to be and help us realize how short our lives truly are and that we must carpe the damn diem every chance we get.

I am not sure if I am searching for different this year. I find myself desiring consistency and calmness. 2014 was good to me or rather I was good to myself. For the first time in a long time, I took back the reigns on my life and decided to live intentionally and not incidentally.

I found that choosing to do what I want, trying new things, putting myself out into this big world is an amazing experience. Is it scary? Very much so. Is it daunting? Totally. But is it worth it? More than I never knew it could be.

Maybe my change for this year is not making a declaration of what I want or need to do in the first wintry days of the new year but rather choosing to continue my story. Choosing to look at my past and my future and gathering everything I have been through-the good, the bad, the rotten, the heart shattering, the spirit lifting-all of it, and using it as my stepping stones towards where I want to be, who I want to be.

Turning my back on any and every mistake I have ever done is foolish. Mistakes have taught me life lessons like no other teacher could. Avoiding my broken resolutions and declarations of years passed does not help me reflect and grow. Choosing to continue in the path I have started and add in what I want and need to do on a daily basis works best for me and that is what I intend to do.

I will encounter change and evolution, there is no avoiding that. There will be differences in my friends and family. Growth and death. My face will age. My soul will break and heal. My fear will hopefully dissipate. I will try not to judge myself, hate myself or give into that thief of happiness-comparison. I will try to add more laugh lines to my face, give into admitting I was wrong and cuddling and kissing into early morning hours. I will fail and learn. I will fall gracelessly and make a fool of myself, more than once. I will hopefully make it to another year.

This year, like all the rest, will surely throw me surprises and things I would have never expected, planned on, desired or wanted. But I cannot control it. Do not need or want to control what life is going to give me. Rather, I just hope to react in the best possible way. That I can pick myself up and keep going.

We do not need to wait to make a New Year Resolution to be the catalyst of change we so desperately seek. We do not need to wish on the shooting stars and waxy birthday candles for our happiness. We do not need to throw salt over out shoulder, avoid walking under ladders or search for four leaf clovers to get us closer to our dreams and desires.

We need to work for ourselves. We need to work towards our goals every day. We need to hold ourselves accountable. We need to realize how short and fleeting a year is, let alone one single day.

There is no time to make resolutions that you have no intention of keeping. There is only time to live the life you want to with as little regret as possible

What will be different this year, is that I am just trying to get back to the same person I've always wanted to be and have been.

Comments

  1. YES!!!! THIS!!!! I couldn't love this more if I tried!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacy! Throwing love back at you πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’œ

      Delete
  2. I love that you take us along for the ride as you embrace yourself and your life and all that each day has to hold. So well said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen for your kind words. And as always thank you for hosting and creating these wonderful blog swaps .

      Delete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE this...so true. Live life to the fullest and enjoy each moment. Rock on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Here's hoping 2015 rocks for you πŸ’—

      Delete
  4. LOVE it. Someone who agrees that there is no need to wait till a certain day to make resolutions. You just do it. Well said!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should celebrate everyday! Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Live life intentionally - love it! You've got a great attitude, realistic, too :-)
    Fabulous job on that prompt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara! Realistic tends to work best 😊

      Delete
  6. Every day is a day to change things. Good deal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw this today! Every day is our day to change whatever we want to indeed ❤

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unequivocally Sucky. But? Still Going.

It Was Me

Thank You For Being Here