Use Your Words: June 12, 2015

Hello and happy fabulous Friday to you wonderful peeps! Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words.

That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them.

Until now.

At the end of this post you’ll find links to the other blogs featuring this challenge. Check them all out, see what words they got and how they used them. 

I’m using:   summer~ poop ~ pool noodle ~ work ~ hot as fire ~ hot dogs

Well...with these words I can tell already we're going to get a little weird so buckle up folks and consider that your one warning.

My words were submitted by the one and only:  Spatulas On Parade -Thanks Dawn!

"Some stop to poop.
Others do it on the move.
Some poop here and there.
Others do it in a special place."

Yes, that is from the great literary work, "Everyone Poops". I was first introduced to that book at my first night of summer camp when the counselors rounded up all us super hyper jazzed up youths who's parents stuffed us full of sugar not giving a damn because we were outta their hair for a week, corralled  us into a sweltering cafeteria and read it to us.  I must admit, we were very mature. I think we only roared with laughter for 5 minutes or so.

All we had on our minds on was arts and crafting it up, making those 'adorable' awkward plastic key chains, hiking, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows over a bonfire and scary stories. When the first thing our trusted counselors did was sit us down and read us the poop book it threw us for a loop. Laughter and armpit farts were deafeningly loud at the end of that reading.

We were all pretty much strangers being cooped up in small quarters over the next week. We would shower, eat, play, craft, and obviously poop together too. It was important to break that awkward feeling of having to poop and knowing other people would know. At home it was one thing because we were comfortable to crap there...but in one of the 4 stalls that you would share with 30 other girls? Somewhat daunting. No one wanted to be judged on something as natural and necessary as pooping and the counselors did not want to deal with a whole bunch of impacted colons because kids were refusing to crap when they needed to-so they read us the book.

Thank God they did.

Seriously, it was one of the smartest and kindest gestures they could have done for a group of nervous kids. They pried open our hearts and minds with laughter while providing an important point that we all need to poop so there's no reason to be ashamed of it or to mock others for it.

Yet.

As an adult I have found there are people out there who are still embarrassed to talk about pooping or farting.

I'll tell you right now if you're one of those people, just avoid my house. We do it, we talk about it, laugh about it and you know my mom loves you when she pulls you in close for a hug and whispers in your ear, 'You okay honey? When was the last time you made?'

It is natural but some of us feel the need to be embarrassed about it. I am, probably to my husband's chagrin, not one of those people.

Yesterday, yesterday was not a good day for me. I ended up leaving work early because I was visiting the bathroom multiple times due to some bug I must have picked up.
                                               
                               


I can assure you, the above is not the most romantic texts we have exchanged (nor the most disturbing), but it does scream love to me. There is something comforting and soothing to my soul knowing that I can be myself and share whats on my mind (or leaving my body) to my husband without him judging me.

So today my friends-I ask you a favor.

I ask that you do not judge yourself for the toots that may sneak out when you bend over. I hope that you have someone that asks if you're feeling okay when you spend too long in the bathoom rather than mock you and throw a can of air freshener at your head and if you are with a jerky air freshener thrower really evaluate if you're with the right person. I ask that you take a moment and cherish the people in your life who's houses you feel comfortable crapping at because that is obviously a special bond.

Now, a wish for you and your colon:

May your poop be regular. May it never be too limp and loose like a pool noodle or keep you bounded up and in pain. May you never have the runs while you are running. May you enjoy spicy foods but never the burning hot as fire aftermath.  I truly wish you that for all the days of your life.
               
                             * * *

As always a special thank you to Karen from Baking In A Tornado for hosting and organizing these challenges. She makes it so easy for us to participate and always encourages us. ❤

Please don't forget to check out the other brave bloggers who signed up for the challenge of taking on a prompt:

Comments

  1. love the texts, that's true love and marriage!!!! Hope you are feeling better.

    Great job with those words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the texts, that's true love and marriage!!!! Hope you are feeling better.

    Great job with those words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot stop giggling. I have Crohn's. Our household embraces the normalcy of bodily functions. Loved your use of your words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going for giggles-yay! Thanks Jules!

      Delete
  4. I never thought I'd say this, but that was the sweetest take on poops I've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought I'd write about it...haha. Thanks Karen!

      Delete
  5. Hahaha, that was a partially shitty word prompt, but you managed to present a charming post, congrats, Jenn!
    I had no idea a "poop book" existed.
    Are you feeling any better? Was that before or after your office potluck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks Tamara :)

      Definitely after-a couple days after so it wasn't the delish food-yay!

      I am feeling a little better but it's still clinging on. Hoping it goes away soon.

      Delete
  6. What a relief~ Hubs isn't the only one that asks if you're ok if I stay in there too long.....
    Hope you feel better today

    ReplyDelete
  7. HUGS!! Hope you feel better!!
    I used to be one of those that didn't talk about poop..Then I had kids... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes yes, everyone poops. I'm aware... but I am the jerk air-freshener thrower because I live in a house that could be construed as a bio-hazard when The Big Guy gets started.

    Just saying. There is a limit to my scent-sibilites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL great job using the words I sent in. Yes we all poop and some of us more than others. My guys should pass out gas mask when they go, I'm the air freshener mom. A can in every room!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unequivocally Sucky. But? Still Going.

Thank You For Being Here

It Was Me