Secret Subject Swap: July 10th, 2015

Hello and Happy Friday!

Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week 13 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts. 

                         * * *

Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts. Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:

Baking In A Tornado

Spatulas on Parade

Dinosaur Superhero Mommy

The Momisodes

The Bergham’s Life Chronicles

Southern Belle Charm

Confessions of a part-time working mom

 The Lieber Family

Battered Hope

Someone Else’s Genius

Climaxed

Sparkly Poetic Weirdo

                    ~ ~ ~

My “Secret Subject” is:

What are your traditions for the 4th of July and why do you insist on keeping them?

It was submitted by: Southern Belle Charm -thank you for the prompt!

                       *   *   *

Traditions?

I am not sure I have any that are consistent. There is no annual barbecue or specific place we must go to see the fireworks. We are more 'go with the flow' type of people.

Sometimes, I host get togethers, other times...I will be the guest helping you clean up and urging you to sit down while I mix us a drink.

Traditions, while they can be comforting at times, do not work for me. Life tends to get in the way. It gets hectic and messy. The stuff I've planned goes awry then when I've settled on nothing somehow everything falls into place.

That's okay.

I like unpredictable and fun. My inner control freak is dying that I said that for the record...but over the years I have found it is much better to go with the flow rather than get worked up over not being able to do certain things the way I planned.

This most recent 4th of July, I spent the early hours of it playing board games and drinking, making fun questionable decisions with good friends. I wish I had a ton of pictures to share...but we were too busy verbally abusing each other and making innuendos to stop and take pictures. The actual day, we did nothing memorable-mom was feeling quite crappy and my goal was just to make her comfortable.

The only 'tradition' I suppose I have is that I try to spend it with people I love and who makes my life better simply being in it. It is never so much what we are doing but more so spending time with those who makes our days worthwhile and anything and everything fun.

That should be the only tradition that matters-spending time with those who make our hearts happy.
 

Comments

  1. You have chosen the best tradition of all. No matter what, spend a day with those who make you happy. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spending a special day with people you love is the best tradition.
    Well, food and fireworks ain't bad either ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food and fireworks is never a bad addition. 😘

      Delete
  3. Great post and I have to agree with that tradition...as AJ and I always go to bed early. We watched the fireworks for a few minutes and then left. Though as long as we are with family we are happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to bed early is always amazing. πŸ˜‰

      Delete
  4. You are so right. We might not know what we're doing, but we're always with our friends and family. That is all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spending special days with special friends and family is a great tradition! I never feel like we have that many traditions, but then we'll be int he middle of doing something and my daughter will say, "This is our tradition, isn't it Mommy?" Maybe that's our tradition!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unequivocally Sucky. But? Still Going.

Thank You For Being Here

It Was Me